Whistler is a dog-friendly resort. Dogs love Whistler’s wide-open spaces, dog-designated beaches, miles of hiking and biking trails, rivers, lakes and fresh mountain air. Many of the outdoor patios allow dogs on a leash and often have drinking bowls. We’ve even got a doggie daycare to walk your pooch while you are on the hill.
Pets in Whistler
Even though Whistler is a little dog crazy, you should always remember that not everyone is as keen on dogs as you. Please adhere to these regulations when visiting with your dog:
- Dogs must be on a leash and under your control at all times; this includes the Village, trails, and parks.
- Dogs are not allowed on public beaches except designated dog beach areas at Rainbow Park on Alta Lake, Alpha Lake, and at Lost Lake Park’s Canine Corner; refer to the whistler-hiking-biking-map.
- Please pick up after your dog. The Resort of Whistler provides plastic bags along the Valley Trail and in designated areas.
- Never let your dog or cat out at night without your supervision. Whistler has many animal predators that are more adapted to Whistler’s environment than your “Spot” or “Whiskers.”
Bringing your Pet to Canada
There is no quarantine period if your pet is arriving from the United States. However, all dogs and cats are legally required to have current rabies vaccination and papers when in Canada. You do not need a certificate of rabies vaccination if your pet is less than three months old. All animals must be in good health when they arrive. Always carry all your pet documents with you; including vaccination certificates, health certificates, and import certificates.
Visitors travelling with a service dog must register them in BC to enjoy access under the Guide and Service Dog Act
If you are arriving from another country, we suggest you check with the Canadian Consulate in your country for the most up-to-date information on animal quarantines.
Whistler Dog-Friendly Hotels
Whistler Platinum can create the perfect Whistler vacation for you and your pet. If you have decided to pamper yourself and stay at one of Whistler’s finer hotels you can rest assured your pet will be spoiled as well. The following Whistler hotels qualify as pet-friendly
- Evolution welcomes pets for a rate of $26 per night plus tax for up to 2 pets. Your pet is supplied with a pet bed, a towel, 2 bowls for food and water and a delicious treat. There are 2 sizes of pet beds available to accommodate all large and small furry visitors.
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler welcomes small pets for a rate of $50 per day plus tax. Your pet is supplied with a small pet bed, special doggie treats, and a pet bowl.
- Four Seasons Resort Whistler probably takes the best care of pets of any of the hotels. Your four-legged friend will be spoiled with a porcelain bowl, house-made dog biscuits, bottled water and an overstuffed pet bed to relax in front of the fire. Best of all, there is no additional charge.
- Hilton Whistler Resort and Spa welcomes pets as their guests for a rate of $25 per day plus tax. As part of your stay, your pet will be supplied with a “pooch case” of toys and pet sanitary items and will enjoy special treats.
- Pan Pacific Village Centre accepts pets for a rate of $25 per day plus tax. Your furry friend will enjoy treats, a dog blanket, water, and some food.
- Summit Lodge & Spa welcomes pets for no additional charge. Your furry friend will enjoy treats, cuddles, water and food bowls and VIP treatment.
- Westin Resort and Spa welcomes dogs free of charge and offers a complimentary Westin Heavenly Dog Bed and food bowl, with mat, for use during your visit.
Pet-Friendly Whistler Vacation Rentals
Whistler Platinum has several pet-friendly accommodations. The additional cleaning fee for pets will vary by property. Check the property specific charges with your Travel Consultant.
We ask that you do not leave your pets inside the home unattended. It can create problems with housekeeping and maintenance attending the property and some dogs will bark and cause noise complaints with neighbours. You may kennel your pet while out of the property or keep your pet in a private garage if available. In-room sitting services are also available in the resort.